Sunday, July 31, 2011

5 Summer Movies on My Radar

I have to admit I love going to the theaters to watch a movie - I have no preference for genres either. I will watch anything as long as it's interesting enough and sometimes ones you may not have been interested in at all become favorites. Here's a list of 5 summer movies (in no particular order) of movies that I enjoyed or would love to see.
What's on your list of must-see movies for this summer?

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-part-2-movie-poster.jpg
Why? I'm a Harry Potter fan and this is the final movie.  It also happens that it's about to pass the $1 billion mark in theatres soon which is insane. You could really tell that everyone involved in the movie went all out for the film and if you are one of the few people who haven't contributed to making this pass $1 billion, I suggest you go see it ASAP.


Winnie the Pooh

winnie-the-pooh-movie-poster-550x814.jpg
Why? Winnie the Pooh. I think that's enough reason to go see this film, it was kept in the classic style and how can you resist this honey-loving bear? I haven't seen it yet but I definitely plan to if I find time.

Midnight in Paris
midnight-in-paris-movie-poster.jpg
Why? I had never heard of this film but ended up going to see it and became one of those films that has instantly become a favorite. Paris, 1920s, Rachel McAdams, Marion Cotillard's 1920s costumes?? Have I convinced you yet?

Horrible Bosses
horrible-bosses-movie-poster-011.jpg
Why? Because it looks downright hilarious and it was. Also, Jennifer Aniston in a departure from her usual roles is another reason. If you want a laugh, this is a great film for it.

Crazy, Stupid, Love.
crazy-stupid-love-movie-poster.jpg
Why? Have you seen the cast list?? Steve Carell, Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone, Julianne Moore, Ryan Gosling's abs...Ryan Gosling in so many suits. Besides the fact that now you know of my penchant for all things Gosling (I also have a girl-crush on Emma Stone), you should see this because it's a romantic comedy but not. Did that make as much as sense to you as it did to me? What I mean is, with a cast like that - what have you got to lose?

No comments: